Rome, 15 November 2013 – Chairman of the Cassa depositi e prestiti Franco Bassanini was named vice president of ELTI, the new association of long-term investors of the European Union, presided over by Werner Hoyer - president of the European Investment Bank.
Other members of the Board, named by the General Assembly meeting on 14 November 2013 in Brussels, are Anton Kovacev, chairman of Croatia Bank for Reconstruction Development, and Dominique De Crayencour.
The priority of ELTI – in the 2014 action plan – will be to work on the elimination of obstacles and the development of incentives to favor long-term investing. This includes regulatory environment, reporting rules, and appropriate financial instruments. The goal is to help foster sustainable, resource efficiency, and socially inclusive and innovative growth and employment.
ELTI brought together 17 Members, including the four founding institutions of the Long-Term Investors Club (LTIC), whose total assets amount to 2 trillion euros.
Members of ELTI:
• Bulgaria: Bulgarian Development Bank “BDB”
• Croatia: Hrvatska banka za obnovu i razvitak “HBOR”
• Czech Republic: Ceskomoravska zarucni a rozvojova banka “CMZRB”
• France: Caisse des Dépôts “CDC”
• Germany: KFW Bankengrupe “KFW”
• Greece: National Bank of Greece “NBG”
• Hungary: MFB Hungarian Development Bank “MFB”
• Italy: Cassa depositi e prestiti “CDP”
• Latvia: Mortgage and Land Bank of Latvia “Mortgage Bank”
• Malta: Bank of Valletta “BOV”
• Poland: Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego “BGK”
• Portugal: Banco Português do Investimento “BPI”
• Slovenia: Slovenska izvozna in razvojna banka “SID”
• Spain: Instituto de Crédito Oficial “ICO”
• Sweden: Swedish Export Credit Corporation AB Svensk Exportkredit “SEK”
• Turkey: Turkije Sinai Kalkinma Bankasi A.S. “TSKB”
• Multilateral institution: European Investment Bank “EIB”